Sunday, March 21, 2010

Time to Overcome

So this is a little weird being my first post and coming off of a I'll never blog attitude. Today something was different though. This is going to a place to track God's faithfulness. We will overcome by the blood of the lamb and the words of our testimony. It's about time to keep track of how God had met me and come through.

So let's start with the small things. Today at church a man was sharing a testimony about God coming through for him. He had a heart attack and went into the hospital to get checked out. They did surgery and asked him if he wanted anesthesia, and he said, "No. I'm going to depend on the Lord." As crazy as this sounds to me, he said he felt no pain through the procedure. But the part of his testimony that really grabbed my attention was about his toilet. Upon coming home this man saw that his toilet was stopped up, so he grabbed a plunger and tried to unclog it. His wife heard him doing it and yelled for him to stop so that he would hurt himself, having just had a heart attack a few days before. So they prayed that God would unclog the toilet. His wife plunged one time and the toilet worked again! This may sound stupid to most people, but it is so great to me how God loves us in the small things. The big things are important and scary, but it's in the small things that I see the love. And in that toilet I see a lot of love.

At work a few weeks ago I called back for the pizza maker to make a supreme pizza. But we were slow and already had a bunch of it. Realizing my mistake I prayed, "Please God make people buy this supreme pizza." And the floodgates of supreme pizza eating people opened. I can't recall a day where we sold so much supreme pizza. Even after the pizza I had mistakenly called for was gone people were still ordering it. It was an amazingly simple act of love. And I praise my God for it.

As life goes by God will work little miracles, and I don't want to take them for granted. So thanks God for supreme pizza eaters and working toilet bowls. You are good, and I am so glad you are my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment